Amanda Suzzi (she/her/hers) is a first-year PhD student whose research interests are centered on spatial ecology, conservation, and environmental science. If you would like to connect with Amanda, follow her everywhere @funkepunkemonke!
- Where do you call home? Baldwinville, MA
- What is a quote that you live by? “If you don’t know, the thing to do is not to get scared, but to learn.” — Ayn Rand
- What do you see yourself doing in the future? Research and Teaching
- If you could switch fields/careers, what field/career would you want to work in/have?* Marine Biology
- What frustrates you the most about academia? Being underestimated because I’m a woman.
- What are three things you can’t live without?* Coffee, my partner, and my cell phone
- What message do you hope your research conveys to the public? Ecosystems are interconnected and complex. Not only do they cross political boundaries, they also cross cultural boundaries.
- Who do you do this for? Myself
- What is your proudest moment (so far)?* Having my advisor refer to me as a master in R programming!
- What is one piece of advice you would give to other first-gen students? Don’t give up. Find somebody who can guide you.
*borrowed from the 46 Questions blog!