Nashalí Massa (she/her/hers) is a postbac at The Ohio State University whose research interests are centered on brain aging, behavioral neuroscience, and neuro-immunology. If you would like to connect with Nashalí, follow her on Twitter @MassaNashali!
- Where do you call home? Puerto Rico 🇵🇷
- What is a quote that you live by? Choose yourself every time.
- What do you see yourself doing in the future? Get a PhD in Neuroscience and in some way help first-gen and minority students in academia. Don’t know how yet.
- If you could switch fields/careers, what field/career would you want to work in/have?* Have my own restaurant!
- What frustrates you the most about academia? How being overworked and not having a personal life is seen as “okay”.
- What are three things you can’t live without?* Coffee, books and the beach
- What message do you hope your research conveys to the public? Honesty and accessibility including the non-scientific community.
- Who do you do this for? For me, my family and the people I could help in the future with my research.
- What is your proudest moment (so far)?* Being accepted to the OSU Discovery PREP Program!
- What is one piece of advice you would give to other first-gen students? Don’t let the academia environment threaten you. Sometimes it can be overwhelming.
*borrowed from the 46 Questions blog!